The Threshold Care Circle of Viroqua will be presenting a one day workshop on do-it-yourself Home Funerals in Viroqua on Saturday Nov. 12 from 9am-4 pm at the Landmark Center in Viroqua, (500 East Jefferson Street) Suite 202. This workshop will give you the information and hands-on practice to prepare you to care for your family member after death at home, and to carry out a home or family-directed funeral with or without the services of a funeral director.
Topics to be covered include:
• A visual framework: Excerpts from A Family Undertaking
• Why a home or family-directed funeral
• Advance planning: Utilizing My Final Wishes, WI Health Care Power of Attorney, Living Will, Ethical Will, & Declaration of Final Disposition in advance of your death.
• Meeting WI legal requirements and acquiring the necessary paper work
• Family Direct Cremation & Green Burial options
• Care of the Body
• Creating sacred space
• Home vigils
Cost – $60, includes one copy of My Final Wishes, various handouts and a CD packed with reference materials. Advance registration required – space is limited.