Our next workshop is scheduled for Friday March 27th and Saturday, March 28th 2015. Click … Read the rest
Did you Know…
- The average cost of a funeral in the U.S. ($7,500 not including burial plot) is over twice the amount of what it is in Great Britain ($2,729), and France ($3,270).
- In almost every state, a family member can act as the funeral director when a loved one dies.
- It is legal to have the deceased lay in honor in the home of the family or a friend (1 to 3 days is usual).
- Embalming is NOT necessary for public health reasons and is not legally required except in rare circumstances.
- A funeral home is required to accept any casket provided by the family at no additional charge.
To find out more about family-directed home funerals, contact the
500 East Jefferson Street, Suite 202, Viroqua, WI 54665